This Policy describes what personal information we collect, how we use that information, how this information may be shared, and what choices and rights you have in relation to that information.
1. Collecting information
- information provided to us by you;
- information from third parties;
- information automatically collected when using the Platform.
- We collect information about your account and profile, your content, information about your purchases, your messages.
- We collect information that you provide to us through surveys and contests.
- We collect information related to your device using cookies and similar technologies.
- We may receive information about your location.
- We collect information about you that third parties provide to us, including:
- information from other platforms;
- publicly available information;
- information from other users of the Platform;
- information from our partners, service providers and corporate affiliates;
- information from third-party sites.
Information you provide to us
Account and profile information. When you create an account on the Platform, we collect information that you provide to us, such as your name, email address, interests, gender, age and profile information. If you are a Professional User, you can also provide us with information related to your business, including a description of the business and the areas served.
Content you submit.
We collect information and content that you submit, post or create on the Platform, including your photos, comments, reviews, searches, photo notes, idea books, discussions, style preferences, and more.
If you choose Products to purchase on the Platform, we collect certain information to complete your purchases, such as your phone number, address.
Reviews and contests. If you participate in our surveys, contests or promotions, we will collect the information you provide to us.
Information from third party sources.
We may receive information about you from third party platforms when you:
- (a) authorize a third party platform to share this information with us, or
- (b) authorize us to receive this information from a third party.
For example, you can register on the Platform via Facebook, Google or Apple, download your contacts from a third-party mail service; use the Platform (or third-party integration on the Platform) to manage your calendar on another platform, or to manage and send messages (email or text messages).
Publicly available information.
If you are a Professional User, we may collect information about you from publicly available sources and provide it on the Platform, if permitted by applicable law or with your permission. For example, we may receive your name and contact information from industry associations and dealer networks in which you participate and display your affiliation with those organizations. We may also collect and display information about any license you hold using publicly available information.
Other users and clients.
Other users may post content on our Platform that includes information about you (for example, in the form of photos, stories, and reviews). To improve the quality of the Platform, our Professional Users may provide us with information about your interactions (including whether you have contacted or responded to them, whether you have purchased a Product). If you are a Professional user, users and visitors of the Platform can leave us their feedback and public reviews about you.
Our partners and product suppliers.
We may receive information about you from our partners. For example, our advertising partners can help us send messages to your address, and third parties can help us prevent fraud by verifying your contact information. In accordance with the Privacy Policies of our corporate affiliates and in accordance with applicable law, we may receive information about you from them.
Third Party Sites.
Automatically collected information.
Each time you access the Platform, information is sent to our server by your internet browser or application and stored in our logs. We collect information about your use of the Platform, including your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time you visit, and if you use our browser extensions, the content you interact with on third-party sites, and how you navigate. and interact with a page or screen. We also collect information that your device provides to us in connection with your use of the Platform, such as your browser type, device type, browser language, IP address, mobile operator, unique device identifier, and requested and referring URLs.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
We will receive data about the location of your device if you enable it in your browser or on your mobile device. We can determine your general location based on your IP address. You can also provide us with your location information by entering this information on the Platform.
2. Use of information
We use the collected personal information to provide, support and personalize our Platform, to communicate with you, and also:
- to promote and improve the Platform, its functions and capabilities, including displaying the content that you publish, processing, storing and delivering your messages;
- to provide customer service and support;
- to respond to your inquiries;
- to back up our systems;
- to improve the security of the Platform;
- to evaluate the use of the Platform for our business purposes, and to provide and improve our products and services, including new and joint products and services;
- to personalize your experience, adapt content and available information;
- to display relevant advertisements (on the Platform and third-party sites) and to measure the success of such advertisements;
- to provide feedback to Professional Users;
- to contact you;
- to prevent fraud and maintain a quality of service for our business or legal reasons, including filtering spam and messages that violate our agreement with you;
- to enforce our agreements with you and applicable law; to comply with our legal obligations; to prosecute or defend in litigation, arbitration or similar proceedings; to respond to legitimate requests from government agencies (including the requirements of the national security services or law enforcement agencies);
- to conduct research and analysis for our business purposes;
- to award badges and similar designations and, if you choose to participate, in surveys, contests and promotions.
If you provide us with information about your contacts (for example, when you register on the Platform via Facebook), we may with your consent inform your contacts who have accounts on the Platform that you have joined the Platform and subscribe to them on your behalf.
We may use your communications for quality assurance and training, to improve our products and services, to understand and manage the quality of requests received and responses sent by the Professional Users of the Platform, and to provide them with feedback. We may use automated technologies to validate your messages and improve your user experience.
We may use your registration information, cookie information, device information, IP addresses and other information to identify you and record your use across various devices, the Platform and third party sites. We may use this information to personalize your experience with the Platform.
Any use of your information that is incompatible with this use will be disclosed to you in advance so that you can opt out or agree to such use at your discretion.
3. Transfer of your information
We do not rent or sell your personal contact information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. We share your personal information in the following ways:
Platform Visitors and Users
On the Platform, other users have the ability to find, contact, view and follow your profile. You can customize your profile and restrict this possibility. In addition to your own content that you create or upload to the Platform, your photos, notes to photos, discussions, reviews, comments may be available to other users. You may make certain information publicly available on the Platform, for example, information about your city and area. If you are a Professional User, we may also display the following information to help visitors and users rate you: your last visit, aggregated information about your activity on the Platform (for example, response rate) and publicly available information from third parties.
Professionals, sellers and other companies on the Platform
Professional users of the Platform can view your public activities on the Platform (including those related to their content) and receive feedback that you provide to us about your interaction with them. Professional users cannot see your private account information (such as your email address) or personal activities. We ask Professional Users of the Platform to restrict the use of your information for the reasons for which it was provided.
Service providers and partners
We may share your information with our partners if it is reasonably necessary for our business purposes. We ask our partners to restrict the use of this information for use on behalf of the VIZBL Group and to improve their services and products (in an impersonal form, if required by law).
We will share your contact information with a third party partner for their direct marketing in the event of:
- if you have specifically agreed to share your contact information with a third party partner, for example, as part of a contest or promotion that we sponsor with that third party;
- if you have allowed a third party to receive this information from us or have allowed us to share this information.
Our Platform may include third party social media features and other third party plugins and widgets. When these features are displayed on the Platform, they are operated or hosted by third parties and governed by their own Privacy Policies. For example, you can register on the Platform through Facebook, Google or Apple.
Advertisers and ad networks
We use advertising networks and partners to serve advertisements, including interest-based advertising, on third-party sites and to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising. We may also work with ad networks and partners to display advertisements on the Platform and to contact you at the addresses they provide to you. We may provide general information to ad networks, ad partners and companies. We do not disclose your name, contact information, device IDs or other personally identifiable information. For example, we may provide a hashed version of your email address or other information to advertising networks (such as Facebook and Google) to serve ads to you or others.
Corporate branches and corporate reorganization
We may share information from or about you with
- (a) joint ventures or other companies belonging to the VIZBL Group, or
- (b) a potential or actual purchaser, assignee or assignee in any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposal of all or any part of our business, assets or shares (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We may disclose information from or about you as required or permitted by applicable law if we believe that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- (a) complying with legal procedures and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, litigation or other legal process served by us, a service provider, or a partner (which may include disclosing information to law enforcement, courts or government agencies);
- (b) prevention, investigation, detection of possible offenses in connection with the Platform;
- (c) protect our rights, reputation, property or rights of visitors, users, affiliates of the VIZBL Group or the public;
An important part of our services, which you agree to when creating an account on the Platform, is to receive communications from us by email and on the Platform. If you use our mobile app or provide us with your mobile phone number, these messages also include text messages and push notifications. We inform you about your account, privacy and interactions with your content. We are also looking forward to your feedback on your experience with the Platform. In accordance with applicable law, we may send you marketing communications (such as advice, suggestions and similar services). These messages may concern us and our Platform.
If you provide us with your phone number, we may call or otherwise contact you to assist you with your use of the Platform. If you work in a professional or other field, we may use your contact information (publicly available or provided to us) to call and otherwise contact you about our Platform, including to promote and sell products or services.
If you have an account on the Platform, in your profile settings or via email at any time you can:
- (a) change your communication settings;
- (b) opt out of receiving promotional emails from us.
To opt out of receiving our text messages at any time, please follow the instructions in the text message, which is usually a STOP reply.
You can opt out of our sales and marketing phone calls by informing us during the call or by emailing us.
Please remember that you cannot opt out of receiving messages from us regarding your account and privacy.
Our Platform allows you and others to send messages on the Platform, share content with others outside the Platform (if you grant the appropriate permission).
5. Your choice and rights
We respond to all inquiries we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity so that we can respond safely and effectively to your request.
Even if not required by law, we will use reasonable efforts to comply with requests to access or delete your personal information. You can request to receive the information we have about you. To request the deletion of your personal information, please contact us by email.
To change or update your personal information, you can use the settings of your profile on the Platform or write to us by e-mail. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable law.
6. Account termination and data retention
You can deactivate your account at any time:
- (a) in your profile settings if you are not a Professional User;
- (b) by emailing us if you are a Professional User.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for business purposes, unless the law permits or requires us to keep your personal information for a longer period. For example, we may need to store your personal data in order to ensure the quality of the Platform or to defend against possible future legal claims. We will also retain anonymized information after you delete your account. Information that you have shared with others will remain visible after your account is deactivated or deleted, and after the information is removed from your own profile or account. We have no control over information or content that others have copied from our Platform.
Our Platform is intended for a general audience and is not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 16, we will take appropriate steps to remove that information. If you become aware of or believe that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us by email.
8. Data security
We use reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks associated with the processing and the nature of the personal information.
10. Contact us
If you have questions or comments about this Policy, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. International transfer of personal information
The VIZBL Group is a global organization headquartered in United States with suppliers, subsidiaries and operations in different countries. Your personal information will be transferred and processed in Europe (or any other country where we, our corporate affiliates, agents and service providers operate). Data protection laws differ from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and the United States and other jurisdictions may not provide the same level of protection for personal information as the jurisdiction in which you reside. For example, your information may be required to be disclosed to law enforcement or government authorities in accordance with the laws of those jurisdictions.
12. Additional information for persons from the European Economic Area (EEA)
If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we have performed prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted on a legal basis other than consent.
If you would like to learn more about the specific legal basis that we rely on when processing your information for any specific purpose, please contact us by email. For example, we rely on our legitimate interests to process information for direct marketing purposes and to prevent and detect fraud, provided these interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable, complete and up-to-date for the intended use. In addition to the rights described in the “Your Choices and Rights” section, you have additional rights in relation to your personal information, including the right to object or ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us by email. You can also deactivate your profile by following the instructions given.
You can file a complaint with a data protection authority about the collection and use of your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable laws. For more information and to file a GDPR complaint, please contact your local data protection authority.
13. Additional Information for California Residents
This section contains notice and specific information for consumers in the California state of the United States of America in relation to the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA").
We collect the following categories of personal information from you:
- contact information and other identifiers (such as name, address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers);
- user or device identifier (for example, IP address or other similar identifiers);
- customer records (for example, customer records containing personal information such as name, address, and telephone number);
- protected classifications (but only gender, age and ethnicity that you specify);
- purchase history and preferences (for example, records of purchased or viewed products or services);
- usage data (for example, information about online activity, including your browsing history and interaction with a website or advertising);
- accurate geolocation data (for example, latitude / longitude from a specific device, but only with your consent);
- audiovisual information (for example, visual, audio or similar information only if you choose to provide this information);
- work history (if this information is provided).
We do not disclose your data in exchange for money, except at your request or direction.
In addition to the rights described above, California consumers may also, up to twice every 12 months, with some exceptions, request information from us about how we used and shared your personal information in the previous 12 months. Send requests for information, as well as requests to access or delete your information by email to email@example.com.
Your Authorized Agent may submit a request for information, deletion or waiver of your name by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may require you to verify your identity and confirm that you have given the agent permission to submit the request. Regardless of whether you are submitting a request directly or through an authorized agent, usually the means of verifying your identity for the nose can be:
- (a) reply to our email from the email address associated with your account;
- (b) clicking the confirmation button in our email;
- (c) sending a request directly from your profile.
The Information Collection section of this Policy describes the sources from which we collect your personal information. The Use of Information section of this Policy describes the purposes for which we collect your personal information. The Sharing Your Information section of this Policy describes the types of third parties to whom we share your personal information.
Under the CCPA, except as reasonably related to the value of your personal information, we will not treat California consumers differently in relation to exercising their CCPA rights.
Effective July 1, 2021